Join us Wednesday, September 20 at 1 p.m. EST for back-to-back presentations on deploying software-based clients in UC meeting rooms, delivered by Vaddio, and Epson's interactive projector, BrightLink Pro.
Darrin Thurston of Vaddio will explain critical AV design elements in deploying software-based UC clients in meeting spaces ranging from huddle spaces to classrooms. This includes an overview of key considerations:
- Application uses (Future-Proof Rooms) - Video conferencing, local presentations, lecture capture
- Room conditions - Sensor placement and environment
- PC and OS Consideration - Nuances in deploying software-based UC clients
Within each of those considerations you'll learn about design elements like:
- Content Sharing with UC soft client versus dedicated AV presentation system
- Recording with UC soft client versus dedicated AV capture system
- Lighting and acoustic considerations in conference rooms
- Camera, microphone, and display placement considerations
- USB media (audio, video) differences between operating systems and PC platforms
Darrin will also provide application examples of room designs based on Vaddio USB Conferencing Solutions.
Michelle Rydell of Epson will focus on BrightLink Pro, which helps users annotate, capture, and share ideas in real time. You’ll learn about the advantages of the BrightLink when used in different configurations:
- Full-HD interactive display up to 100” - Two times larger viewing area than a standard 65” flat panel for more impactful presentations with exceptional details
- Designed to enhance productivity - Bring your own device, connect a PC or video conference device – collaborate locally or with remote participants
- DuoLink - Install two BrightLink Pro projectors side by side to achieve a large wall-size interactive area
About the Presenters
Darrin Thurston has been VP of Vaddio product development since June 2012. He joined Vaddio from ClearOne Communications, where he was Vice President of Product Management, responsible for collaboration and conferencing products lines. During his tenure, their professional audio conferencing product lines garnered market share leadership in the industry. He was also instrumental in introducing a new class of USB and telephony conferencing products leveraging the mass adoption of Unified Communications in the enterprise space. Darrin holds a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from South Dakota State University.
Michelle Rydell has been in the AV Industry for 15 years for the past three with industry leader Seiko Epson Corporation. Commonly known as Epson, they are one of the world's largest manufacturers of projectors, point-of-sale printers, scanners, and information and imaging related equipment. Prior to Epson, she held contract positions with Samsung, Casio, and Digital Projections. Michelle is Business Development Manager for National Accounts, East, and she resides in Tampa, Florida.